The Grand Island East Channel Light is a lighthouse located just north of Munising, Michiganand was intended to lead boats from Lake Superiorthrough the channel east of Grand Island into the Munising Harbor. Constructed of wood, the light first opened for service in 1868. The light was very hard to see from Lake Superior, and light maintenance was very difficult so the Munising Range Lights were constructed (Munising Rear Range Light, Munising Front Range Light) and this light was removed from service in 1908 or 1913 (sources vary).
Link to full history of the lighthouse: Grand Island East Channel
- Limited edition only 50 made
- 100% embroidered
- Wax sealed envelope
- Numbered art card